Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hell has frozen over! Syria joined the UN chemical weapons pact!



 Okay folks I believe hell has finally frozen over. I couldn't believe what I was reading in the online news articles where I saw the headlines,
 Syria asks UN to join chemical arms treaty 
 UN accepts Syria arms treaty application 
 Syria joins chemical weapons pact

In case you may not know what the chemicals arms treaty is, I must tell you that the treaty pact was established on April 29,1997 and it consist of 165 signatories from countries around the world as a result of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC),which outlaws the production,stockpiling and use of chemical weapons and their precursors.

I was was shocked to have learned of this initially, but I realized that the Syrian government will do anything to improve their image of being a  heartless government who has no desire to prevent such monstrous attacks from being inflicted on their citizens again.

I feel confident in saying that Syrian government had no plans to be apart of the chemical weapon free pact or getting rid of their weapons before hundreds of people died from the senseless attacks having occurred in Syria.

Although it is a darn shame that an act of terrorism had to occur in Syria before they decided to join the Chemical Weapons pact.

 Now I am just wondering when the UN and international community is going to wake up and put the pressure on Angola,Egypt,North Korea and South Sudan to join regardless of whether they have or do not have WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, and before an act of chemical weapon terrorism is carried out by another anonymous terrorist in these countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment